Foster With Us
Thank you for considering becoming a foster home for a pet waiting for their new home. Fostering homeless companion animals is a rewarding and life-altering experience. Before you fill out an application please consider the following:
- You live within 60 miles of the Twin Cities and have a reliable option to transport your pet to adoption events as well as meet and greets
- Are available to attend a minimum of 2 adoption events per month
- We work hard to match foster homes with appropriate pets
- Foster pets will remain in your home until an appropriate home is found which can take as little as a week or a long as several months
- Each foster home will have an opportunity to weigh in on the applicant interested in adopting their foster pet
As a foster home you will become an intricate part of the rehabilitation process for our companion animals. Part of a foster home’s responsibility is to work on training, socialization, and trust-building with animals who may have not had a great start in life.
Underdog Rescue believes in crate training its dogs, therefore, you will be provided with a crate if needed. We also provide food and medical for all foster animals.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please click to complete our Foster Care Application